Sunday, September 15, 2013

Long Time No See

I remember having written my last post during the month of Ramadhan. It has been more or less 40 days I did not write anything on this blog ever since. But this does not mean that I did not wish to write. Writing is fun! My last post was about Shaykh-ul-Islam, Dr. Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri. I wrote about him in the context of his new book concerning his fatwa on terrorism and suicidal bombing. After writing about him the next thing I wanted to do immediately was to grab his book and have a read at it. And that is precisely what I did. I read the book. But I fell short of writing a review about it, as that is what I wanted to do also. 

The book is very nice and argues extremely against all forms of terrorism from an Islamic perspective. I believe that every Muslim and non-Muslim should read it. I had a few other ideas in my mind about writing too. These included, for instance, to write about topics such as consciousness, free will, geopolitics and more book reviews etc. In fact I had made a list of topics I had wanted to write about. Reiterated, writing is a lot of fun! The reason why I stopped writing was that I wanted to give myself a break and contemplate on what I really wanted to do for future. The reason why I did not write a review about the fatwa is a bit obscured in my mind and I also do not understand precisely why I did not reflect on it. But I suppose I did not write about it because I think that by writing about it I am only trying to coax a humanity that does not really care about such things. Specially given that what is happening in the world around us on a daily basis. More precisely, given that what is happening in Afghanistan, Syria and elsewhere and given also the role of global powers in such affairs, I feel that people concerned and involved in such affairs care less about such literary efforts and more about their own ulterior motives. I nonetheless feel that everyone should retire for a while , though, from whatever roles they have in their wild pursuits and try to reflect on consciousness and other aspects of life and/or afterlife.

But who cares what a book writer has to say or a blogger has to write on peace specially when the stakes are too high. But how high are the stakes really?

No comments: